Sunday, May 10, 2009

Finally Finals

Finals week is here! As many of us are nervous about the upcoming exams, I share the feeling. This is my fourth time experiencing finals week at Mizzou. Although finals are supposed to be the roughest, toughest week of the year, it always seems to go smoothly for me.

So how do you survive the week? I think the most important part of the week is to actually study. Because there are no classes, there is nothing to motivate you get out the books! I set aside a certain number of hours each day to study during finals week. Sometimes if I procrastinate, I will find myself not studying until the day before, but most times I do a slow progression of studying throughout the entire week.

Secondly, take advantage of the “spoiling” the college and your family gives you during this week. If you live in a residential hall, oftentimes the floor will provide study snacks daily. It also is never a bad time to hint to your family how jealous you are of your roommate’s finals week care package.

Hang in there. One semester is almost down and only three more to go! This great college won’t give you any pressure you can’t handle, so take it all in stride.

CAFNR Career Services’s mission is to help students! Stop in for advice on any topic, whether it be schoolwork, time management, or career assistance.

-Charlotte Jackson
Sophomore, Agricultural Education

No comments: