Thursday, November 20, 2008

Live Like You're a Millionaire

When I was a freshman, I heard the phrase “Live like you’re a millionaire” several times always referring to how we should treat college life. As I heard the phrase later in the year it became very clear to me that I had no idea what they were talking about, because frankly my funds had been getting tighter and tighter all year. I later discovered what this phrase truly meant as I was bombarded by the numerous opportunities college offered. From a free (ok...prepaid) gym membership, to career service events on resume building, interview training, salary negotiation, job interviews and delivered to your doorstep, the amount of free opportunities offered to us as college students are astounding. Besides the events you can attend you also have the incredible opportunity to build relationships with your professors who are undoubtedly some of the leaders in your field of interest. So do something for yourself, take advantage of the opportunities our University offers you, milk it for all its worth, and live like you’re a millionaire.

-Chris Perry
Junior, Animal Sciences

Be sure to visit CAFNR Career Services to learn more about these great opportunities. We're here in Ag Building 2-64 to help you prepare for life after college. It's time to take advantage of everything CAFNR has to offer!

No comments: