Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meet the blogger: Christopher Perry

Meet Christopher Perry. He's a junior at the University of Missouri majoring in Animal Science with Vet School as his ultimate goal.

Here's what Chris has to say:

"I grew up on our family farm in Bethel (Northeast), Missouri. We raise purebred hogs and cattle, as well as row crops of corn, soybeans, and wheat. Interested in farming, but not sure about my focus, I entered MU looking at a balanced class load between Animal Science and Agronomy classes. After working for a year with the Soybean Breeders at MU I learned livestock was definitely my forte. My sophomore year I set the goal of going to Vet School. I took a job with Dr. Randall Prather and became the boar technician (you’ll have to ask me if you don’t know what that means) while aiding with the breeding. Needing to rack up a few shadowing hours I worked for a veterinarian most of the summer, and after loving every minute of it knew Vet School was for me. I am currently still working with Dr. Prather and am involved in the Block and Bridle and Christian Campus House organizations, as well as serving on the CAFNR Ambassadors and Animal Science Representatives."

Check back to see what Christopher is up to this semester and learn from his advice. Be sure to leave comments or ask questions if you'd like more information.

As always, visit CAFNR Career Services for your professional development needs!

No comments: